Saturday, May 16, 2020

The Leash

The biggest drag being a writer is the submission process. Trying to find markets that seem like a good fit for a story, sending them off, waiting weeks or months to hear back from an editor (assuming they ever bother to respond at all). It really kills the creative spirit to see something you put a lot of hard work into languishing on your hard drive. Especially if it's something like this story, which means a lot to me. So, I decided to try an experiment with self-publishing through Kindle Direct Publishing. It's not quite the same rush as seeing your work in print on the physical page, but boy howdy that instant gratification of seeing it available almost immediately is no small thing either.

The first story I ever published was inspired by my paternal grandfather, and I wanted to do something for my maternal grandfather as well. This was inspired by a trick leash he had as part of his magic act when I was little. I think it's one of the better things I've written. If you're so inclined, check it out. I hope you like it too.

The Leash

No comments:

Post a Comment